Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, interviews for this job opening will be conducted via video or phone. We may wait until the health crisis has subsided before continuing the hiring process.
Wharton-Smith, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for a Clerical Assistant position at our construction site located in Davenport, FL 33837 (near 4751 CR 547).
- Provide support to the project team to include the Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent, and Project Assistant.
- Reception for all visitors, answer phones and order office supplies.
- Organize and schedule meetings.
- Responsible for reviewing own work to ensure accuracy, thoroughness and neatness.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Research and update contact lists.
- Assist with various print, copy, and scan projects.
- Other general office duties as needed.
- Prior experience as a clerical/office assistant.
- Detail orientated and organized.
- Dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with limited supervision.
- Reliable and professional demeanor.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Professional telephone etiquette, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient in copying/moving files and creating directories in a Windows environment.
- Ability to perform routine functions on the Internet.
- Must have the ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Job seekers should be aware of potential job scams. Wharton-Smith will not ask candidates to pay money upfront, or provide banking information during the interview process. We will not ask a candidate to pay a fee for a background check, or to purchase work-at-home equipment or materials prior to starting work. We require a face-to-face interview with candidates before we make a job offer. For more information, please go to the Federal Trade Commission website.