To invest in your career by becoming a Union Fire Sprinkler Apprentice.
PAY RANGE: $14.20 - $28.40
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
- The scale begins at $14.20 per hour for a Class 2 Apprentice. A Class 2 Apprentice is typically someone who enters the trade with little or no previous sprinkler experience.
- For those with experience is it possible to being at a journeyman wage of $28.40 per hour as of October 2019.
Benefits are through the union and include: pension (with optional retirement at 55), health & welfare, dental, hearing, vision. All of the included benefits 100% paid for by company.
Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in fire protection. They install, repair, and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping. While most of this work deals directly with automatic sprinkler systems, they also have the skills necessary to install and service a wide variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, fire pumps, foam systems, dry systems, and deluge systems.
About Security Fire:
As a life safety contractor, we at Security Fire Protection have a reputation for protecting people’s lives and property. Over the past 50 years we have built our reputation by taking on challenging projects (Link for most recent) and our diligent inspection & maintenance. All this has been done in thanks to our 100+ employees between our offices in Memphis (Headquarters), Nashville, and Knoxville (Morristown Automatic Sprinkler). To learn more about Security Fire please click here.
- No past Fire Sprinkler experience necessary. Previous construction experiences a plus.
- Willing to become a member of the UA Local Union 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters.
- Strong mechanical background is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment.
- Work related travel.
- Applicant must have “reliable transportation.”
- Willingness to attend & complete 5-year correspondence course provided and sponsored by the Union.