ENTRY LEVEL FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN
PAY RANGE: $14.00 – $15.00
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing Plan.
Entry Level Fire Alarm Technicians install fire alarm systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction, using conduit, hangers, wires, alarm devices, and panels. They layout, assemble, install, and maintain low voltage systems and related equipment for fire alarm systems.
ABOUT SECURITY FIRE:
As a life safety contractor, we at Security Fire Protection have a reputation for protecting people’s life’s and property. Throughout our 50 years we have built our reputation through new challenging installs (Link for most recent) and the diligent inspection & maintenance of our communities existing building. All this has been done in thanks to our 100+ employees between our offices in Memphis (Headquarters), Nashville, and Knoxville (Morristown Automatic Sprinkler). To learn more about Security Fire please click here.
- No prior Fire Alarm Experience necessary.
- Previous construction experience a plus.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - read and write English
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Dependability- must be reliable, responsible and committed to fulfilling assigned duties
- Independence- individuals must be self-starters and have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Have a dependable means of transportation to get to and from job sites and other places of work
- Install and service alarm panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, and detectors for fire alarm systems.
- Understand the relationship between Volts, Amps, Current and Resistance as well as AC and DC Current.
- Use a digital multi-meter as a tool for trouble shooting ground faults, shorts, and open circuits on fire alarm systems.
- Install and service communicators for monitoring systems.