For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial and industrial customers.
We are looking for an organized, detailed and focused individual to fill an Admin Assistant/Maintenance Clerk position. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the construction/industrial plant industry, processes and procedures, and familiarity/working knowledge of SAP Enterprise Asset Management software. In addition, the candidate will possess initiative and self-discipline, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, customer service and time management skills, and be able to thrive in a plant environment.
Provides support for the Maintenance Coordinator and other daily operations. Duties include data entry for purposes of tracking and processing administrative related items. Assists with payables related to time cards and invoicing, inspection reports and associated verification, work orders and system audits and other office duties related to the support of business process and customers in a specialty construction atmosphere.
- Familiarity/working knowledge of SAP Enterprise Asset Management Software is required.
- Experience with/ability to learn timekeeping software is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite products; in depth knowledge with Word and Excel.
- Keyboarding proficiency with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a busy office environment.
- Must be 18 years of age for access to customer specific worksite(s).
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined for customer specific site(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide customer service and admin support to the maintenance business process in an organized and efficient manner.
- Provides verification of information specific to customer needs, including assistance with payables related to billing and inspection reports and work orders.
- Assist with maintenance processes related to the work order system, including tracking, verification and data entry.
- Review data for system audits and report findings (i.e. gate checks, time cards and billing items).
- Maintain filing/document management system – electronic and hard copy as needed.
- Responsible to interface and communicate effectively and accurately with others as a professional representative of the team.
- Actively participate in programs designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed.
- Coordinate special projects and assignments, and complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the construction/industrial plant industry, processes and procedures
- Initiative and self-discipline; strong work ethic and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment.
- PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment