Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to serve customers and assist staff with customer requests in a distribution warehouse setting. Direct-to-customer delivery and customer service is a key responsibility of this role, along with loading and unloading products and materials. This position is required to interact positively with customers. Helps keep the warehouse and surrounding grounds in neat condition.
Education / Experience:
- One year’s customer service or sales experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Verifiable experience and training may be substituted.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and the ability to learn new software systems
- Valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record
Certification, License, Registration:
- Fork Lift Certification/ability to become certified
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with product information and customer service responsibilities.
- Load or unload trucks, trailers or other transportation devices; unpacks, shelves and/or packs items in proper storage locations.
- Ships, receives, stores, or moves materials within the warehouse, loading area or storage area.
- Verifies that orders are accurately filled; ensures that shipments are properly packaged and identified with shipping information. Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped.
- Drives forklift in a safe manner.
- Keeps warehouse and outside grounds clean and orderly.
- Performs supply delivery (using truck and/or trailer to deliver materials) as needed.
- Tracks upcoming projects and provides competitive quotations as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer oriented; good customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to stay current with product knowledge
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic with collaborative approach to work
- Efficient and organized
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment