Plastics Fabricator -
- Do you love building cool stuff?
- Do you want to work at a locally-owned company where your hard work is noticed?
- Would you like to start your weekend at noon every Friday?
G3 Fire, LLC has been fabricating custom products for the fire service since 2005. We are locally owned and dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality water tanks. (You'll get to work on tanks for fire trucks!) We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success.
We have a full-time position available working with extrusion and hand-welding machinery at our manufacturing plant just a few minutes north of Sioux Falls. Previous experience in fabrication or plastic welding is a plus, but we are willing to train self-motivated individuals who are punctual and have a willing-to-work attitude. This is a direct hire position with great wages and benefits.
The Plastics Fabricator works with a team of fabricators engaged in a wide variety of work performed in the fabrication shops.
What you'll get to do: (Check out out the video on our website!)
- Melt large and small pieces together to form custom water tanks for our customers
- Use a variety of hand tools, welders and power tools to assemble industrial plastic products, with our primary product being plastic water tanks for fire trucks
- Work with other team members
- And more!
What do you need to be able to do:
- Melt large or small plastic pieces together. We'll train you if you don't have experience.
- We're looking for someone who is self-motivated and has a great, willing-to-work attitude.
- Sometimes, you'll need to lift some heavy things. We ask that you are able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs somewhat regularly.
- Sometimes you'll work in uncomfortable positions. You'll need to be able to bend, stoop, stand, twist, kneel and squat throughout shift
- We work with melted plastic, so you'll be exposed to smells, heat and noise
- We use a forklift. If you don't know how to drive one, we'll train you.
What we're looking for:
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Must be 18 to apply. Need to have mechanical ability. Machine shop experience a plus.
- Take directions and do the job as specified.
- Have a good attitude and willingness to want to learn.
- High level of awareness and attention to detail.
- Basic math skills needed.
- Good attendance record.
Some of the perks we offer:
- Starting pay is $15/hour. We'll review your work after 60 days, and you have the potential to receive a pay increase.
- We offer a great benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance; supplementary insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k, and profit sharing
- On-site gym which is free for employees!
- On-site climbing wall which is also free!
- Every Friday afternoon OFF! We work M - Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, and Fridays from 7:00 am - noon.
- Under normal circumstances, we'll have overtime available.
If you think you've got what it takes, apply on-line right now!