Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Kitchen Hood Suppression Inspector
Western States Fire Protection is looking for an experienced kitchen hood suppression inspector / service technician. The best candidate will be outgoing; highly self-motivated, and must be able to problem solve. They will have strong communication skills and a professional image. This person must be able to handle all aspects of an inspection from sales to the actual inspections. This is a ground floor opportunity within the company and could lead to a larger role in the future as we develop the market.
- Performance of semi-annual or annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on various extinguisher and/or kitchen hood suppression systems
- Repair, replace, fill and tag all types of fire extinguishers
- Service and repair deficiencies found during the inspection process.
- Complete electronic and/or hand written inspection reports, document time worked as well as all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Assist the scheduling and completion of assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and use provided personal protective equipment
- Industry Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 10, 17A, 96, Factory Mutual and applicable codes.
- Must understand the basics of inspections and life safety codes.
- Site verification of kitchen hood installations.
- Basic understanding of fire alarm systems
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors, and end users.
- Computer literate for reports, deficiencies and possible bids.
- Interactions with Client, Field Personnel and Fire Marshals.
- Understanding of expenses and schedule.
- Minimum 3-5 years of service or install experience preferred.
- Building reports experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Texas FEL-K or higher license - required
- Manufactures certificates -- preferred.
- NICET II or higher -- preferred.
- Field installation experiences a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check and gain security clearance for special projects.
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and reference check
- Must have a clean MVR and willing to travel within the State of Texas.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor