At Melody Living, we want true engagement and friendships between residents, families and team members. We are here to serve and support the residents who define the community and encourage our team members to dine with residents, go to classes with residents, use the fitness center, bring their passions to work and go above and beyond to make the community in which residents thrive a place in which they can truly find a Life in Harmony. Melody Living is managed by Cappella Living Solutions (CLS), a Colorado-based company representing more than 44 years of experience in senior living. Become a member of our growing team!
Responsible for organizing, directing and implementing resident care in accordance with the Company standards and as required by State and Federal regulations. Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident’s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change.
- Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery throughout all shifts; this may require assuming the role and responsibilities of a Care Partner Associate in order to meet the residents’ needs and staffing requirements.
- Assists in the supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff, medication technicians/QMAP's, and Care Partner Associates.
- Provides training and education to Care Partner Associates on an ongoing basis to include classroom in- services and situation-specific training.
- Assists in the maintenance of resident charts and review of documentation performed by associates.
- As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents. Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans/Care Plans and proactively manage care and services for each resident. Evaluates the effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Ensures and conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates, according to the
Job Description: Wellness Nurse, Licensed 2
Updated 03.2017; Revised 05.2018
Community and state requirements, to ensure residents’ service needs are met,
accuracy and relevancy. Directed by the Health and Wellness Director (HWD).
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and
well-being of residents, proactively identifying those at risk for move out.
Implements timely problem solving with the HWD.
- Oversees and manages the continuity and consistency of medication training,
pharmacy management and medication supervision and/or administration in the
community. Conducts periodic Care Partner Associate medication skills inventory
checks, and periodic medication audits per Community Guidelines.
- Assists in the scheduling and follow through of physician visits including, but not
limited to, dental appointments, eye appointments, therapy, and hospice both in
house and scheduled visits out of the community. Ensures communication, as
appropriate, on the results of these visits.
- Completes documentation as required by the Community or state regulatory
agencies. By documentation of resident care issues appropriately and report them to
personnel as required.
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate person or agency
regarding changes in residents’ health/well-being, personal needs, risk management
issues, customer service issues, and family or outside health care provider concerns
to the HWD.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of
Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Participates in community events, including family and social functions.
- Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer
issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
- Shares on-call and Manager on Duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Colorado State Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse/Registered Nurse license, in
- 1-year experience in a community or relevant experience preferred.
- 1-year experience in overseeing and monitoring other staff preferred.
- Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and
- May hold IV Certification, if applicable.
- Must have computer word processing and database experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds
occasionally and/or 20 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other infectious
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities. Or
qualifications associated with the job.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential
accommodations with the employer