Atlas Oil Company:
Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
This billing professional will support billing for our key clients. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and flexible, with strong account reconciliation and customer service skills. Candidates should work well in a fast-paced, 24/7/365 environment. They should be able to think both creatively and analytically as we are continuously looking to improve processes, cycle time, accuracy, attention to detail and above all customer focus all while striving to execute flawlessly. The Billing Associate is responsible for a variety of internal and external customer support issues, including the month end billing process and daily transactional activities. The position works closely with other functions, including Accounting, Collections, Legal, and Sales.
- Bill customers in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures bills are in compliance with appropriate contracts, guidelines and regulations
- Identify issues, research and/or remedy as appropriate
- Maintain and update billing folders in accordance with established guidelines
- Partner with Billing Team Leader to ensure hitting weekly, monthly & annual goals
- Assist with establishing new billing policies and procedures
- Provide quality control for other team members
- Work with management in editing and rebilling clients as needed
- Communicate with clients and management on any questions or concerns
- 5 years experience as a biller is preferred
- Fuel/Petroleum transportation experience is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Proven ability to analyze and assess the needs of diverse clients
- Strong flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple tasks within stringent time frames while maintaining accuracy
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Well organized and detail-oriented with excellent analytical and customer service skills
- Ability to work weekends (if necessary)
Required Education & Certification:
- High School diploma or GED with 2 years of job specific experience is required
- Associates Degree in accounting or related field is preferred
Why You Will Love to Come to Work Every Day:
Atlas is a fast-paced, goal-oriented company, with an unquenchable thirst for success. Team members work hard, love what they do, focus on customers, and have fun in the process. Winning attitudes abound, we recruit, hire, train, retain, and reward the best talent in the industry.
What stands out to visitors is our warm, inviting atmosphere and our dynamic energy directed to guests, co-workers and customers. Our Core Values are alive in our environment.
Atlas Oil Company’s Core Values are not just words on a paper. We believe in them. We live by them. They are an important component of how we operate on a daily basis. They are as follows:
- Pride and Image
- Customer Focus
- Solution Driven
- Collaborative Innovation
- Do the Right Thing
Integrity, innovation, personal and professional growth, combined with a strong passion to win, contribute to the phenomenal growth and successes Atlas has experienced. We create win/win solutions and operate with the highest possible standards of business and professional ethics.
Team members are our most valuable assets - if you are dynamic, dedicated to producing quality results, and possess the necessary job qualifications, please consider joining our team!
Atlas Oil Company’s dedication to quality is not only reflected in our products and services but also in our team members. At Atlas Oil Company, we are committed to providing:
- Our consumer with a total fuel solution
- Our team members with career challenges and rewards
- Our communities with support and assistance
Our work environment is positive, upbeat, business casual and welcoming to everyone. Being an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with team members located in multiple states. We advocate an open door policy, teamwork, career growth, and promoting from within.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.