At Midwestern Mechanical we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today! Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: HVAC Installation Apprentice (Entry-Level)
The HVAC Installation Apprentice position allows you to learn the skills required of the commercial HVAC installation trade while working in a full-time paid employment position with on-the-job training from experienced HVAC journeymen as well as company-provided apprenticeship classes 1/2 day every 2 weeks.
The HVAC Installation Apprentice assists in commercial installation projects, installing sheet metal and spiral ducts, roof top units and other HVAC equipment. The Apprentice is also responsible for delivering high quality work and productivity, and is expected to go through the company-provided apprenticeship training program to become a skilled HVAC Journeyman.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented
- Strong communication and average computer skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to operate powered equipment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Inspects equipment, structures or materials to identify problems or defects.
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required.
- Makes decisions and solves problems analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution.
- Maintains a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver’s license to commute to job sites in the region.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region.
- Maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you will perform work in.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Field experience in construction, HVAC or similar field is a plus
Benefits you will experience:
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development
- Company-provided apprenticeship classes
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off program
- Job bonuses
Midwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer