Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Employee Assistance Program
The primary function of this position is to assist in answering calls for persons who are in need of services from human service and non-profit agencies. Staff provides referrals to appropriate agencies/organizations. The staff person will use the 2-1-1 database to record calls and schedule appointments for various programs.
- Length of placement would be September through December 31, 2019, up to 40 hours per week.
- 2-1-1 Contact Center hours are Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and respond to incoming calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Assist callers in determining the caller’s needs and the best available resource(s) to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate databases to record and maintain all pertinent information and calls related to the programs delivered through the Call Center.
- Assess needs and respond to clients with appropriate information and referral skills and procedures and follow-up with contacts.
- Provide advocacy for clients when needed by interacting with clients and agencies in resolving problems and providing information.
- Become familiar with and stay informed about local public and private resources that are available to the general population.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Call Center Manager.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum age 18.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and standard software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with limited supervision.
- Experience in customer service is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance