Are you looking to advance your construction career with a local leader?
Soukup Construction, Inc. is looking for a Full-time ESTIMATOR (Heavy/Civil Construction)
Soukup Construction is a regional excavation construction company that performs site preparation, utility work, and demolition. We are seeking an Estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with estimating in the construction industry, be organized, motivated and detail-oriented. This position is integral to ensuring that projects fit our Company culture and vision. This position includes very competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, benefits, paid time off, and requires no overnight travel.
- Analyze plans and specifications to understand scope of work and calculate total construction costs including labor, material, and equipment.
- Manage multiple projects limited to Administration of Cos, Billing, Submittals and work changes
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Provide clear, detailed take-offs.
- Manage bid pricing from vendors and materials suppliers.
- Participate in planning and estimate review meetings and job progress meetings.
- Perform site review as necessary during planning and project execution.
- Accumulate, document, and evaluate data on construction costs and procedures for use in future estimates.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Highly motivated with strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of estimating and cost control techniques.
- Ability to understand and navigate building codes.
- Strong math skills and comfort level with technology, including MS Office products.
- Previous experience in construction project management and preparation of cost estimates using Excel, B2W Estimate, HCSS HeavyBid, etc…
What We Offer
Soukup Construction Inc. offers competitive pay and a great benefit package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO and 401k. For this position, relocation assistance may be available.
Performance of duties will consist primarily of time spent in the office, but will include local driving to and inspection of outdoor commercial job sites. Inspection of job sites will require walking on a variety of surfaces in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening.
If you think you've got what it takes, apply on-line right now!