Landscape Foreman are crucial to the quality, safety, and success of every project. In this role, you must understand budgets, crew productivity, equipment usage, scheduling, blueprints, specifications, and what goes into every aspect of landscape construction, including hardscape, softscape, irrigation, and specialized trades such as carpentry, masonry, and plumbing. Your responsibility is to make sure all projects are completed in a timely manner, with a high standard for quality and within budget. Expectations are to manage a crew of 2-5 members and complete projects on time and under budget.
What You’ll Do:
• Manage crew members and plan, schedule, coordinate, and perform daily job activities
• Assure the timely documentation of projects (timesheets, delivery receipts, change orders, etc.)
• Maintain the company’s standard of quality, profitability, and efficiency on every project
• Awareness of daily, weekly, and total project budgets
• Maintain a safe worksite; adhere to company safety program and 100% participation in all company meetings
• Attend on-site coordination and scheduling meetings with project managers, owners, and general contractors
• Final walk-through with production manager and client to close out project
• Maintain a professional appearance for yourself, crews, and projects
• Work 8-10+ hrs. a day Monday-Friday with Saturdays as the season requires
• Snow removal
• Other duties may be assigned
Skills We’re Seeking:
• 3+ years at foreman level or similar position
• Extensive knowledge of plan reading, landscape grading, softscapes, hardscapes, irrigation, drainage, and layout
• Knowledge and experience operating all fleet equipment (skid steers, trenchers, mini excavators)
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, (CDL preferred)
• OSHA 10-hour and CPR certifications
• General computer, email, text, and smart phone application skills
Wage Range is $18 - $23 per hour
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.