Franz Witte (rhymes with “Bronze Kitty”) is on a mission to beautify, enhance, and preserve Idaho’s outdoor living spaces — and you can be a part of that cause.
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
Shoppers come here to be inspired. Our inventory is hand-selected from regional growers and home & garden suppliers, and our staff is knowledgeable in Idaho horticulture. When customers seek guidance, we offer a listening ear and personalized recommendations. It’s our employees who help them feel empowered to take on their project, and confident that they will succeed.
Homeowners and general contractors depend on subcontractors to do quality work, on time and on budget. Our entire team, from sales and design, to production, foremen, and laborers are all solution oriented. We prioritize both the client’s vision, and the long-term success of the project. And so our reputation is well earned; and it starts with our people. Come join the team that takes the most pride in building Idaho’s finest communities.
Every HOA resident who takes a walk or drive through their neighborhood should experience the joy of nature. Every tenant or guest of a commercial campus deserves clean grounds, healthy looking plants, and an inviting space to work or commute. Behind the scenes to make it happen are the HOA reps and property managers who rely on a relationship with contractors like us. Franz Witte listens to our clients and stays ahead of their concerns — making their lives easier. Our employees maintain those relationships, as well as the properties, that bring joy to so many people in the Treasure Valley.
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
Landscape Foreman are crucial to the quality, safety, and success of every project. In this role, you must understand budgets, crew productivity, equipment usage, scheduling, blueprints, specifications, and what goes into every aspect of landscape construction, including hardscape, softscape, irrigation, and specialized trades such as carpentry, masonry, and plumbing. Your responsibility is to make sure all projects are completed in a timely manner, with a high standard for quality and within budget. Expectations are to manage a crew of 2-5 members and complete projects on time and under budget.
What You’ll Do:
• Manage crew members and plan, schedule, coordinate, and perform daily job activities
• Assure the timely documentation of projects (timesheets, delivery receipts, change orders, etc.)
• Maintain the company’s standard of quality, profitability, and efficiency on every project
• Awareness of daily, weekly, and total project budgets
• Maintain a safe worksite; adhere to company safety program and 100% participation in all company meetings
• Attend on-site coordination and scheduling meetings with project managers, owners, and general contractors
• Final walk-through with production manager and client to close out project
• Maintain a professional appearance for yourself, crews, and projects
• Work 8-10+ hrs. a day Monday-Friday with Saturdays as the season requires
• Snow removal
• Other duties may be assigned
Skills We’re Seeking:
• 3+ years at foreman level or similar position
• Extensive knowledge of plan reading, landscape grading, softscapes, hardscapes, irrigation, drainage, and layout
• Knowledge and experience operating all fleet equipment (skid steers, trenchers, mini excavators)
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, (CDL preferred)
• OSHA 10-hour and CPR certifications
• General computer, email, text, and smart phone application skills
Wage Range is $18 - $23 per hour
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.