Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Patient Access Specialist I interacts with callers/patients by phone and other means of communication, to schedule appts, provide information, and provide an amazing contact experience.
Essential functions are those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable.
- Self-motivated learner, with positive attitude, sense of optimism, ownership and commitment.
- Properly greet callers, collect and or provide information based on purpose of call and script requirements.
- Conduct outreach calls, and general outbound calling.
- Assist callers/patients as needed, find solutions to questions, and provide amazing contract experience.
- Willingness to come in and help people every day, and get up and do it again tomorrow.
- Handle all aspects of patient appointment scheduling and referrals.
- Ability to use proper language, grammar and style, in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to understand basic health care industry terms (e.g. primary care, provider, benefits, HIPAA).
- Ability to research information using available resources, reference FAQ’s, and other information resources.
- Quick and accurate keyboard typing and navigation with mouse.
- Respond to customer emails and other non-phone inquiries/communications.
- Complete any required data entry, call logging and or reporting.
- Working knowledge in a MS Windows environment, Email, Online/Electronic Forms, Websites.
Education & Training Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish strongly preferred, with the ability to read, write, interpret and disseminate information.
- Medical Assistant experience or clinical office support experience highly preferred.
- Customer service oriented.
Work Experience Requirements
- Pleasant, professional, and articulate phone voice.
- Ability to handle multiple incoming callers/patients, tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written grammar skills.
- Accurate keyboard typing, data-entry and mouse navigation skills.
- Working computer knowledge of MS Windows, Email, Online/Electronic forms, and websites.
- Basic knowledge such as math, alphabetical or numerical filing may also be required.
- Patient scheduling experience.
- Strong knowledge in Medical Terminology.
- Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work, and demonstrates minimal absenteeism.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)