There is no doubt that the College Outreach Specialist position is one of the most rewarding, empowering, and meaningful jobs in today's market. This is the career that leaves our Specialists KNOWING that they truly make a positive difference. Our team is growing, do you have the passion and drive to join us?!
As College Outreach Specialists, our team members have the opportunity to develop and collaborate relationships with school counselors throughout the state of New Hampshire through presentations and workshops put on by the Center for College Planning. The ability to be comfortable with public speaking in crowds of all different sizes is critical for this position. A College Outreach Specialist will have the opportunity not only to deliver presentations, but also work with families one-on-one during individual counseling appointments in our Concord office, develop curriculum, and collaborate on signature events. Ideal candidates for this position have experience in college admissions, financial aid or school guidance counseling
The beauty of this job is that no matter what type of appointment you have, you know that each family leaves feeling better than when they came in and they have a better understanding of the position they’re in, we’ve done our job and it is so gratifying. In between appointments, you’ll often find our counselors working on their assigned curriculum they’re developing, answering phone calls, working together on projects, and being in a positive, fun environment!
Key components to a successful College Outreach Specialist:
- A developed understanding of the college admission and financial aid process
- Strong verbal communication and strong public speaking skills
- Positive attitude toward teamwork
- Drive, dedication, and the ability to build strong rapports with all difference people.
- Flexibility and willingness to succeed not only personally but as part of the team
- Required to travel extensively within the State of New Hampshire using own personal vehicle. Valid NH drivers license required, proof of automobile liability insurance required and clean motor vehicle record required.
- FLEXIBILITY - Candidates MUST have the ability to travel evenings and work select weekends throughout the academic year.
- Bachelors degree in relative field is required; Masters preferred.
The College Outreach Specialist position is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position averaging 15 to 20 hours/week; additional hours may be required, and flexibility to work evenings is needed. GSM&R offers generous ETO, wages, paid volunteer time, and so much more!
This position supports a federal contract that requires applicants to be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance from the U.S. Government. This process will include a criminal and credit background check to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment. US Citizenship may be required for a Public Trust security clearance to be considered.