At Midwestern Mechanical we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today! Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Journeyman or Master Plumbers
We are looking for Journeyman or Master Plumbers to work primarily on large new commercial construction projects -- assembling, installing and repairing plumbing and med gas systems according to project specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, fixtures and boilers for hydronic heating, water, med gas and drainage systems. They will also provide training for apprentices. We pride ourselves on high quality work and productivity.
Our Journeyman Plumbers also have the opportunity to take a lead role as a Foreman running projects!
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose problems and/or failures in a variety of plumbing and gas systems.
- Repair and install various types of pipes including iron, steel, copper and pvc.
- Inspect equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Make decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Test for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air and/or water.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region.
- Provide daily direction to assigned apprentices on the job site and participate in training and development of apprentices.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials, and perform basic mathematical computations.
- Strong mechanical skills. Ability to interpret architectural plans, drawings and mechanical design.
- Average computer skills.
- Ability to maintain an active state and city license in all states/cities you perform work in.
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet performance goals.
- Ability to work overtime upon occasion.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license, and must have reliable transportation to get to the shop.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman or Master Plumber license
- Field experience as a Journeyman or Master Plumber
- Field experience as a Journeyman or Master Plumber in commercial applications preferred
- Med gas certification preferred
- Welding to include stainless steel welding preferred
- Previous Foreman experience helpful
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off program
- Job bonuses
- Continuing education
- Year-round work
- Company vehicles
Midwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer