Delta Fire is a division of Western States Fire Protection and was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Contract Administrative Assistant
The Contract Administrative Assistant is responsible for initiating, conducting, and coordinating the clerical and administrative functions required for the effective operation of the Contract Division. He/she will assist other branch personnel including key managers in a variety of administrative roles.
- Maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Collect accounts receivable past due money and work with AR Clerk to track collection efforts
- Conduct billings with extreme accuracy in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Assist managers and salespersons in general contractor and project pre-qualifications
- Contract and sub-contractor process help (certificates of insurance, W9’s, fully executed contracts, purchase orders, etc)
- Help tracking union industry advancement funds on jobs (invoicing for IA funds, reporting hours to union, etc.)
- Jose closeout (archiving and file cleanup)
- Assist in all components of Microsoft Dynamics AX (job setup, billing, Cost-to-Complete, Work-in-Progress and other reports generation and disperse to Project Managers.
- Provide general administrative support for managers and staff
- Respond to routine correspondence
- Create, type, and distribute internal and external correspondence
- Coordinate office schedules, meetings, conferences, and appointments
- Maintain various types of records
- Assist in completing special reporting and licensing requirements
- Assist in compiling contracts, proposals, and job packets
- Offer suggestions and solutions on improving efficiency of general office procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree required
- 7-10 years of administrative and/or billing experience
- Extremely strong computer skills with working knowledge of business software applications; ideal candidate has experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX, or similar product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Puts forth a respectful, courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times
- Ability to pass a post offer drug screen test and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor