Marketing and Events Coordinator at The Alliance
Are you looking for the chance to challenge yourself, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture? The Alliance is seeking a self-motivated and results-oriented individual to join the team as an Marketing and Events Coordinator.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator helps to coordinate projects and to enhance The Alliance’s brand and market position as a trusted advisor in employee benefits. This new position is an essential contributor to the marketing and product development team in support of The Alliance’s strategic marketing plan. The coordinator interacts with and influences a wide variety of stakeholders, including speakers, vendors, Alliance senior management, and other departments.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for these critical tasks:
- Assists in researching speakers and topics to develop appealing content for Alliance events. Stays abreast of health care benefits trends to ensure The Alliance uses events as a visible way to fulfill its brand promise of moving health care forward.
- Maintains knowledge of current and likely trends in event planning to ensure The Alliance continues to deliver meaningful, well-attended, and cost-effective events.
- Helps develop and manage short- and long-term events plan with themes and locations (in conjunction with Senior Marketing and Events Specialist).
- Coordinates with speakers to support events plan, including but not limited to negotiating speaker fees; handling speaker logistics for travel; pre- or post-event speaker dinners or meetings; and thank-you gifts.
- Coordinates events including: site arrangements, event promotion, day of event customer service, arrangements with site representatives; and contributing to the post-event evaluation process.
- Actively prospects and sells event sponsorships.
- Takes an active role on the marketing and product development team to help generate ideas, organize promotions and execute communication plans. This work includes:
- Managing processes and timelines for marketing team initiatives, including the editorial calendar, and ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Meeting with key stakeholders on cross-department projects to identify needs, clearly communicate team member roles for process execution, and helps ensure projects run smoothly from start to finish.
- Assisting in the skillful movement of major marketing communications projects from concept through review and distribution. This includes acting as a liaison between The Alliance and the marketing agency or other cross-functional departments on projects.
- Serving as a champion of readability to help The Alliance target its materials to its appropriate audience, which may include employers, consumers, brokers, prospects, legislators or other groups. This may include writing, editing and proofreading, as well as ensuring the content is in line with brand standards of The Alliance.
- Assisting in development and implementation of marketing plans specific to products and services and The Alliance brand positioning, as assigned.
- Understanding, communicating, and applying emerging marketing and communications trends to daily work.
- Thinking “visually” in translating topics into charts, infographics, videos, photos and other visual elements that help advance The Alliance message and can be effectively re-purposed.
- Supports other activities of the Marketing and Product Development team as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Products.
- Contributing to effectiveness of internal CRM system.
The ideal candidate has strong project management, organization, and deadline management skills and experienced in research and marketing concepts. In addition s/he will be:
- Creative, versatile and resourceful.
- Able to present ideas to a wide variety of stakeholders, whether in person or in writing and must possess excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Able to collaborate, problem solve, and thrive in a mission-driven fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in marketing and event management (a minimum of one years’ experience), ideally in employee benefits, health care or cooperative environments.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience).
Celebrating 30 years as a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, The Alliance exists to help our members manage their health care costs, improve quality and engage individuals in their health. We serve more than 250 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota and contract with more than 23,000 health care providers and specialists across that region. We provide information and resources to help members make health care purchases based on value and create healthier workforces.
In this role you’ll be backed by a strong sales, member services, marketing, customer service, contracting, technology and administrative teams. You’ll be part of an organization with high levels of employee engagement. The Alliance is mission-driven, member-centered, respectful, and supportive of team members.
Watch our video about working at The Alliance at: https://the-alliance.org/jobs and learn more about The Alliance at: http://www.the-alliance.org/.
The Alliance is not able to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.