Since 1999, Comfort Systems of Montana has served Bozeman, Montana and the surrounding
communities. We are a Veteran Owned and Operated Local Family Business with a phenomenal team of
licensed professionals that design, install and service residential and commercial heating and cooling
systems. We stand on performance and value, which is why our systems are efficient, reliable, affordable
and we can guarantee satisfaction every time. If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -
make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be
appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the
- The Service Technician will be responsible for the replacement of HVAC units which may include
electronic and mechanical components.
- Inspecting, performing equipment repairs and replacements for our customers’ heating, cooling
and ventilation systems.
- Maintenance of, repairs to and installation of HVAC duct work including flexible ducting and sheet
metal due to improper installation or defects.
- Maintenance and recycling of CFC or HCFC refrigerants.
- Installation of low voltage connections to HVAC components and installation of HVAC system
automation components per commercial or residential applications
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled. (Out of town & overnight required
- Ability to offer products & services to customers, (IAQ, upgrades, replacements, extended
warranty, maintenance contracts, etc.)
- Keeping detailed records of customer’s appointments and payment transactions including
invoices using Comfort System’s assigned management software and equipment.
- Demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC
issues with customers in a way they can relate.
- Being punctual and adhering to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
and demonstrate a team-driven and accountable work ethic to our growing staff.
- Mentor, support and participate – Ride & Show Apprentice. You are vital to ensure that the next
generation of workers maintain the skill level, work ethic and professionalism you offer as a role
- Participates on our On-Call Service Team – 24 / 7 Service after hours. (Requires rotating weeks
of evening and weekend hours including holidays. There is extra pay during your week on the
- Be able to understand and analyze the customer’s entire HVAC needs and be able to
recommend and close on sales of related HVAC products, services and equipment.
- Organization: Utilize strong organizational skills
- Communication: Display strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective
listening skills. Both with Comfort Systems of MT’s customers and team members.
- Problem Solving: Analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on
objectives, risks, implications and costs. Develop an understanding of the client’s needs, wants,
preferences and personality.
- Communicate candidly and up front when assistance is required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Individuals must have technical knowledge of HVAC systems and installation, the ability to read
and understand mechanical drawings as well as HVAC wiring diagrams, a valid driver’s license
with a clean driving record, access to their own tools, good communication skills, have a very
positive attitude, exceptional self-motivation and time management skills, attention to detail,
strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills, ability to handle
physically challenging workload, availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a clean
and professional appearance and excellent customer service skills. MUST be a self-starter and
able to work in a team as well as on their own. Additionally, a high school diploma or GED is
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in HVAC.
- 4 year college degree preferred but not required or equivalent OJT or Vocational Schooling,
Preferable concentration in HVAC Service Industry.
- Must have passed or be willing to obtain EPA Certification (Universal), the U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency 608 certification exam /cert.
- NATE Certification or willing to obtain within 6 months. Continued education and company
- A self-starting highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Work well with others.
- Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Service Technicians can advance to any position within the Company provided the
employee shows continued interest in learning and has completed the required training for
BENEFITS & CULTURE:
- Competitive wages $25.00-$33.00 per hour.
- $1000 Sign on bonus available - DOE
- Company Cell phone & iPad
- Continued education
- Company supplied vehicle (for work purposes)
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Medical Insurance – we pay 50% of your health insurance premiums (health insurance is
available the first day of the month after your first 60 days).
- Dental, Vision, Accident Insurance are also available.
- 401K Plan
- All employees are eligible to advance to any position within the Company provided the employee
shows continued interest in learning and has completed the required training for advancement.
- 6 paid Holidays after one year of employment
- 40 hours vacation time after one year of employment, increasing yearly, Max: 80.0 HRS
- Our family of employees participate in hunting trips, camping trips, BBQ’s and other fun activities
throughout the year.
- Employee Recognition Program that provides bonuses and / or paid time off when employees
provide exceptional service to the company and our customers.