Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Procurement Manager - Purchasing - Industrial Construction
Job Title: Procurement Manager - Industrial Construction
Department: Baton Rouge, LA
Reports to: Controller
We are currently in search of a Procurement Manager based in Baton Rouge, LA (near Prairieville). This position will be responsible for sourcing the best quality project materials, goods, and services for the company at the most competitive prices. He/She will lead the team in sourcing materials, trucking and equipment needs for our three regions and projects nationwide.
We provide a full array of benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, vacation, 401k with company match, and an Employee profit sharing program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Effective communication skills with both internal departments and external vendors
- Work with sites to lead centralized sourcing and procurement efforts.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications to ensure Classic is procuring the appropriate goods.
- Expedite material deliveries to projects including resolution of any problems.
- Facilitate an accurate purchase order issuance in our system once the appropriate approval is received.
- Support the distribution of our fixed assets through-out multiple regions, including coordinating with external parties, identifying alternative sourcing opportunities, and recording asset movement.
- Reconcile items received in comparison to goods shipped to ensure accurate records
- Monitor vendor compliance with purchase order contracts and support resolution of job discrepancies.
- Maintain and review electronic and manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories
- Review and negotiate favorable terms, conditions, and pricing with vendors.
- Contribute to the financial wellness of the Company by practicing careful and diligent management of purchases and assets through the active participation in planning and implementation of sound financial and ethical decisions.
- Provide value added services to the Company by constantly striving to find new and better ways of meeting the organizations growing needs.
- Support monthly cycle counts and monitoring of minimum warehouse stock
- Work with the Finance team to ensure that the policies and controls defined are followed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years’ experience in purchasing or similar role
- Must exhibit exemplary internal and external customer service attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- This position must execute many tasks simultaneously while maintaining excellent working relationships and superior leadership skills with all level of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased
- High proficiency in MS Word / Excel / Outlook
- Experience with Quantify or similar inventory management system a plus.
- Experience in Scaffold, Insulation, Construction industry purchasing a plus.
Lifting Requirements: Up to 50 lbs.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching : Often
Classic Industrial Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), a multi-billion-dollar parent company for over 45 independently managed construction companies located in more than 200 locations worldwide.
This is a great opportunity to expand your career with a growing company. If you have the background and interest in this position, please apply and submit your resume with accompanying cover letter with salary requirements
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.