Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Baton Rouge, LA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Management Role: Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, related field, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in a technical field or an MBA preferred.
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Preferred: 10-15 years in the construction industry, much of which has been in a leadership role in industrial insulation, and includes full responsibility for multiple industrial construction projects in the field.
Lifting Requirements: Up to 50 lbs.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching : Often
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
This position is primarily office based and most work is done in an office environment. Occasionally this position may require site visits to active construction sites to make measurements and review the physical conditions on a project site. On a construction site, the employee may be required to climb ladders and walk in areas under construction. While on construction sites, the employee must wear proper protective equipment such as hard hat, eye protection and hearing protection as necessary. The employee must be familiar with all company safety equipment and is required to follow company safety procedures, prior to entering the construction site.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: None
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.