Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customer; while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business.
At Davis-Ulmer, we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Human Resource Assistant at our office in Rochester, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The HR Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources department, along with the Safety and Learning and Development departments.
- Set up new hire drug testing, and complete the new hire background checks
- Filing of new hire, termination and change information in the appropriate files
- Update the Learning Management System (LMS) with new hire and annual trainings; follow-through to ensure completion
- Assist in posting jobs on the application tracking website and work with branches on set-up of interviews; follow-through with candidates
- Back-up to HR Specialist for New Hire Orientation
- May perform internal annual audits of processes and procedures
Learning & Development:
- Work closely with the L&D Manager to ensure internship programs are up-to-date to include: applications, correspondence with the appropriate division of the military, and the tracking of applicants
- Administer the Safety Incentive Program to ensure points are distributed as per the policy
- Assists with onboarding of new hires and sets up training reminders; as well as follow-up
- Orders and records Safety Incentive Program Purchases
- Associate degree preferred, or a combination of schooling and experience
- Previous experience in HR preferred
- Experience in an office setting working with confidential information
- Proven computer proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel), with advanced Excel skills a plus
- High aptitude for customer service
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
- Must be a self-start who takes initiative and anticipates needs
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of management and employees
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be a team player, while maintaining a confidential work environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- SHRM or PHR certification a plus, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise levels
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- May require the light lifting of storage boxes
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
DAVIS-ULMER's PURPOSE: "Building Great Leaders"