For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration and Industrial Contractors, Inc.
We are seeking to fill the role of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Planner with an innovative, self-directed individual with a strong work ethic who will be responsible for screening work orders, identifying scope, performing analysis and developing the required level of planning for E & I work and specific projects within our customer site location (a refinery), at terminal locations and at other off-site locations. This role will collaborate with other Maintenance Planners, the Maintenance Scheduler, Refinery Operations and Engineering, and local contractors.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum two years’ experience in a maintenance planner or related position required.
- Prefer at least a two-year technical degree in electrical construction and maintenance, project management or a related field; in lieu of degree at least four years’ experience in an electrical/instrumentation role.
- Proficient experience with computerized maintenance management software (SAP, Maximo, JD Edwards or equivalent) and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate work and projects as required per refinery needs, specific to E & I; conduct field walk-downs to identify and document work and project requirements and create and document clear and concise work plans and packages designed for execution.
- Identify specific safety hazards that will be encountered during the performance of projects and work; determine and include QA/QC requirements.
- Estimate required hours, each task and total work order duration for all work and projects; document the skills required to perform each task, identify equipment and specialized tools required.
- Coordinate and communicate with procurement, the warehouse, other maintenance planners and the scheduler to plan and provide kits to increase the maintenance and contractor ‘wrench-time’ and ensure efficient workflow and maximize efficiency.
- Print and deliver work orders to refinery E & I Supervisor in conjunction with the weekly work schedule.
- Communicate with maintenance and contractors to keep Bills of Materials accurate and current, and work with field maintenance and contractor personnel to develop ideas and procedures that will increase efficiency for future projects.
- Accurately measure and communicate the maintenance E & I backlog in its various forms to ensure not less than two (2) weeks of backlog is always available and ready.
- Ensure all work orders and maintenance backlog items are closed when work is completed; compile and deliver reports from CMMS regarding the work execution and management process.
- Participate in outage planning activities, such as scope identification and control, scheduling, coordination, project risk assessment, execution and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with maintenance and contractor resources to ensure that all details of work orders and projects are clearly communicated and understood; will advise and provide feedback on performance during the projects to ensure successful completion.
- Participate with Reliability and Integrity Department personnel on improvement projects, particularly when they are related to the Proactive Maintenance Plan (PM and CBM).
- Complete any duties that may be assigned by the Maintenance Manager, and additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to efficiently perform internet search and research.
- Organization skills; able to plan tasks, work and projects with specific attention to detail.
- Able to write detailed repair plans, read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings, and apply cost analysis within a structured budget.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
- Commitment to safety and teamwork.
- Self-directed and motivated; able to work towards specific goals and objectives with limited daily oversight.
- Able to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations when required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard, customer, or construction areas include:
- FR Clothing
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (as required)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment