Based in Columbus, Ohio, C.J. Mahan Construction Company, LLC is a heavy-civil and marine contractor with a proven track-record for success on some of the most challenging and complex infrastructure projects east of the Mississippi.
Perhaps best known for our expertise in major bridge structures, Mahan has nearly forty years of experience in the design and construction of a wide range of bridge types, including welded steel girder, cable-stayed steel and concrete, long-span steel truss, railroad, precast concrete, and concrete segmental bridges, many of which involved marine-based construction operations in and over navigable waterways.
Our other marine facilities experience includes lock chambers, gate structures, dams, piers and industrial docks, barge loading facilities, and deep-water cofferdams. Additionally, our experience and capabilities also include construction of deep heavy-capacity foundations, including drilled shafts, large-diameter driven steel piling, driven steel piles, micro-piles, and large reinforced concrete spread footings.
Plan, develop, & coordinate onsite construction engineering activities for various projects.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating on site operations during the complete lifecycle of the project
- Perform estimating, bidding, and procurement
- Prepare submittals and review shop drawings
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Review and approve invoices.
- Develop, maintain and report project status to the customer.
- Create and maintain electronic files, forms, and reports.
- Compose and process routine correspondence.
- Organize and maintain file systems
- Maintain as built drawings.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, including preparing agendas, and transcription of meeting minutes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job Skills & Abilities
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team; good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills; analytical skills
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree – Civil Engineering or Construction Management
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This job may be performed in the office or on the jobsite and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and is expected to be able to comply with all safety regulations in the office and on the jobsite
Please note this position is in Des Moines, Iowa.
C.J Mahan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.