Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Payroll Coordinator 1 (entry level)
The Payroll Coordinator 1 is an entry level position. This person will be part of our dynamic payroll team and will learn accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll for 1,800+ employees (both union and non-union) including coordinating branch payroll activities at 35 branch office locations. This new role is driven by our growth and transition to a new ERP system.
- Support the team with weekly payroll processing including printing and distributing payroll checks
- Reconcile weekly time entry edits from our branch offices
- Communicate with branches and external clients and provide timely responses to questions and inquiries
- Employee personnel file setup
- Filing of employee Garnishments, Child supports, and court orders and other items as needed
- Various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- PTO/Sick leave and Federal Sick Leave adjustments
- General Payroll Mailing, returned mail, FedEx
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of office, administrative or other related experience preferred
- Strong customer support skills as we treat our branches as our customers
- Detail-oriented and able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
- Experience in a union construction environment a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug test, reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor