Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Alarm & Detection Technician
This position is responsible for low voltage fire alarm services within markets that include healthcare, education, commercial, municipal and correctional. This position will provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, testing, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturer’s equipment.
- Field fire alarm systems technician supporting recurring monthly service customers that include, but not limited to inspections, testing, installing, repairing, troubleshooting and/or replacing.
- Support other WSFP Teams in their initiatives as they relate to your position.
- Tests all equipment to ensure code compliant performance of fire alarm system.
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind always.
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on delays, requirements and general status of jobs.
- Responsible for training apprentices (when applicable) on Company procedures, systems inspection, testing and installation techniques.
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced.
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full).
- NICET Level II is preferred, but not necessary with field experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years proven experience in the fire alarm, security and/or low voltage industry.
- Experience working with fire alarm, fire suppression and/or security systems.
- Knowledge of NFPA 72 codes.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints, technical data sheets and wiring diagrams.
- Strong troubleshooting and programming skills.
- FCI/Gamewell, Silent Knight and Farenhyt knowledge preferred.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Local travel is required in territory and within the state of Oklahoma
- Possess a valid Driver’s License; in accordance with Company policy.
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor