Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will perform a variety of account receivable tasks under the supervision of the Sr. A/R Specialist & Assistant Controller.
- Record cash receipts daily in Accounting System related to lockbox payments and EFTs, up to 400 cash receipts a day.
- Research transactions related to credit card processing, EFTs, and lockbox transactions as needed.
- Daily reconciliation of credit card processing across the company.
- Be comfortable learning and working in multiple accounting systems.
- Perform new customer setup in Accounting System and assist branches with understanding credit review options including DNB (Dun & Bradstreet).
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of solving problems and frequent communication with branches.
- Deliver high-quality customer service to branch teams and external customers
- Assist in processing write-off transactions and refunding of monies due back to our customer.
- Assist branches with understanding our A/R Best Practice Guide and manage our document storage for A/R tips & tricks and daily lockbox files.
- Other A/R duties as assigned.
- 2 or more years’ experience with Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is a plus
- Understanding of and ability to use Basic Accounting Principles
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Combination of strong attention to detail and customer service skills
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen, background, and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor