Since 1946, Bituminous Roadways has aspired to be the company of choice for the design, construction, and maintenance of all asphalt pavement areas, including parking lots, roads, pathways, playgrounds, tennis courts, and running tracks. We are a union contractor with a diverse workforce dedicated to quality, safety, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
At Bituminous Roadways, we're energetic and passionate about what we do with an excellent reputation for performance and as a place to work. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
We are looking for Asphalt Laborers that manually shovel, smooth, lift, pull and carry any and all asphalt construction materials as required and works in conjunction with machine operators from the ground in order to ready surfaces for grading or paving.
Our main office is located in Mendota Heights and jobs are located all over the Twin Cities metro area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilizes hand tools and pneumatic tools to fix, repair, or maintain asphalt surfaces.
- Must have good manual dexterity skills and strength required to perform any and all laborer type duties.
- Must possess ability to work both supervised and unsupervised and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to work long hours and some weekends
- Must have the ability to hear, speak and follow directions carefully.
- Continually required to reach, pull, carry, grab, pull, and lift.
- Must possess both good strength and good endurance as work performed in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds regularly on a daily basis
- Problem Solving
- Flexibility & Adaptability
Preferred Education/ Experience:
- 3 years of experience working with asphalt (patching and paving).
- The ideal candidate must possess a valid Class A CDL driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Regular attendance and overtime are required.
- Must be available for all work at all times, when required.
- Must have knowledge of the Twin Cities and surrounding suburbs.
- Requires good vision for close tolerance work and any night work may be required.
- Must possess a clean driving record and have a valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
All candidates are required to pass a thorough Background Check, Physical and Drug Test. References will also be checked.
Job type: Full-Time / Seasonal
Work Location: Twin Cities Surround Area
Benefits of Joining our team!
- Family owned and operated
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities – we aim to promote within
- Top of the line / well-maintained equipment
- No travel – home every night
- Family Oriented – Annual events
Be sure to watch our video below on what our employees love about working for Bituminous Roadways, Inc.!
Bituminous Roadways, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBT community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V