Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Stock Program
- Pay will be dependent on experience
Safety Administrative Assistant
The Safety Administrative Assistant is responsible for initiating, tracking, and reporting on functions related to the Safety department. The primary purpose of this position is to provide operational support to the Safety and Legal departments within WSFP. This person will work closely with the Corporate Safety Director and Corporate Attorney. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. This position will report to the Corporate Attorney.
- Log, track, and update Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto claim information and Job site audits
- Assist with general administrative functions. (Maintains logs, recordkeeping, training schedules, etc.)
- Manage and oversee safety compliance using multiple systems
- Assist branches with Safety Incidents, including reporting them to APi
- Assist in planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
- Document preparation for training programs
- Assist Safety Managers in coordinating, collecting, organizing and analyzing all peer-to-peer safety and risk evaluations (STEPS Evaluations) and six month follow-up’s.
- Write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Exercise independent good judgment in handling calls, composing correspondence, preparing reports and presentation materials and scheduling & monitoring workflow, some of which are confidential in nature.
- Establish and maintain filing systems in SharePoint (online filing cabinet), share drives or other programs used.
- Daily communications with Safety Director and Corporate Attorney to resolve safety issue(s) in the field
- Assist with reviewing and updating WSFP Health & Safety Manuals
- Offer suggestions and solutions on improving efficiency of general office procedures
- Accomplish responsibilities as required using business software approved by WSFP
- Other duties as assigned, including legal assistant responsibilities
- Associates degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- A combination of education and years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 2 + years of experience in claims processing.
- Construction or insurance agency industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Able to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Exceptional planning, time-management and follow-through.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of business software applications; including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when answering phones, or dealing with other associates
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor