Director of Project Sales -HVAC/Building Automation
Are you ready for a senior Sales and Leadership position? This is a unique new position managing a major revenue center and growing a business unit. Apply now!
Enervise has a unique opportunity for a Director of Project Sales. This is a Senior Sales Management and consultative Project sales position. The primary responsibility for this position is to manage the Enervise company Project Sales team and meet an annual Personal Sales Goal. Projects are sourced from qualified internal sales leads as well as through Director’s personal networking and business development efforts
- Provide Leadership and innovate profitable growth, marketing and sales strategies for department.
- Hiring, Recruiting and Managing Project Sales team members to support Business Plans. Provide presentation and executive level sales support to the Project Sales team as needed.
- Supervise Project sales team to complete pre-sale (PAS) Project authorization and specifications reviews, ensuring a pipeline of “winning” Project proposals.
- Ensure that Project administrative processes are followed by all Project sales both pre-sale and post booking.
- Serve as a design and engineering resource
- Provides risk review and management over the estimating and sale of projects. Source and work with professional engineering external partners to manage risk for Projects.
- Working with the service team to recommend the best solution for repair vs replace to existing service customers, and work with Business Development Managers to generate new project and client opportunities (PUR) Planned unit replacement Projects within our existing client base.
Personal Sales role
- Qualify new prospects and close Project Sales at qualified margins across all Enervise Service Branch Markets – Cincinnati, Miami Valley, Columbus and Zanesville OH Northern/Central Kentucky.
- Develop Project scope, design, preliminary engineering, or specifying Project engineering of mechanical, controls and energy solutions performed by engineering partners, estimating, proposal generation and presentation, and closing Project contracts.
- When applicable Develop and work as needed through consulting engineering firms to prepare HVAC design-build plans, load calculations, equipment and system sizing, write equipment specifications and outsource design CAD drawings for commercial/industrial applications, and coordinate with Enervise project management and delivery team.
- Prospecting internal and external sources for referrals to develop qualified leads for Retrofits, Controls upgrades, and Design Build Projects.
- After the sale: make equipment selections, coordinate equipment buyout, procure final engineering, meet current codes, ensure a quality turnover with project management and field supervisors, provide after sales support for successful job completion meeting scope definition, projected gross margins and customer expectations.
- Work with subcontractors for pricing and sub contract that manage project risk
- Provide quality turnover of sale and scope information to Project Operations team to assure work is performed timely on schedule, profitably, meeting Enervise’ s standards for quality and workmanship.
- Visit job sites and projects in process, answer technical questions, or address scope changes and clarifications of project, and to assure customer satisfaction.
- Address any concerns expressed by a customer timely including but not limited to such issues as contract changes, questions on invoices, and general complaints
- A degree in technical field - Engineering, or Construction Management, B.A. / B.S. or Associates, or equivalent experience of (8) or more years of demonstrated design/engineering experience in commercial/ Industrial HVAC, Refrigeration, and Building Controls.
- PE - Professional Engineer or CEM – Certified Energy Manager is a plus.
- Technical experience in performing heating and cooling load calculations, Equipment sizing and selection and energy auditing.
- Professional Project Sales experience– 8+ years’ experience, in Energy solutions and paid from savings projects- conceptual selling experience with demonstrated track record meeting annual sales plan.
- Ability to travel to Enervise markets on a regular basis.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Drug Free and able to pass Criminal Background Check
- Ability to climb ladders.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities
- Experienced track record in selling and meeting an annual Project Sales goal plan.
- Demonstrated success in developing and closing new business opportunities and a successful track record in commercial/industrial Project sales.
- Mechanical Project estimating experience.
- Design/engineering experience in HVAC and Building Controls.
- Excellent Senior leadership customer service skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to lead multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, planning and presentation skills with a strong focus on the customers’ pain and buying motives. Must be comfortable selling to both C-level and technical buyers.
- Ability to master and desire to keep current on complex technical data, and latest HVAC, Building Controls technology and equipment and building controls selections.
- Good time management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Office 365, CRM) , Load Calculation Software, Sizing Software, estimating, and CRM database programs.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Enervise is an industry leader in HVAC and Building Controls service, maintenance, and installation and an expert of choice for the region’s premiere healthcare, education and industrial institutions. The company was established on the innovative premise that the HVAC business is a relationship business. The Enervise team of 120 employees earns customer loyalty through its total commitment to smooth and efficient operation of the client’s building. Our 34-year commitment to our clients is generated by an internal culture of trust and support among our associates. As trusted advisors, Enervise empowers facility owners and operators to optimize their building energy and operating performance.
- Highly Competitive Base Salary and Bonus
- Excellent Benefits Package (Medical/Vision/Dental/Life/STD/LTD)
- $15k Company Paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Training and Support
- Annual Reviews
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- 401K w/company match
- Auto Allowance
Enervise is pleased to support and encourage people who are highly motivated, and want to be successful in the HVAC industry.
If you are interested in an employment opportunity, click the "Apply Now" button.