Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Salary is dependent upon experience and education
Regional Safety Manager
The individual in this position is responsible for the direction, coordination and supervision of the Company Health and Safety Program and Policies for multiple office locations in the Texas region. Individual will plan, lead, and direct the Health and Safety Policies and Procedures to the branch location(s) and execute other assigned duties. This individual communicates all branch safety and risk data to the corporate safety director and area manager(s). This individual must be located in Texas.
- Promote our mission statement which is “Quality solutions for the protection of lives and property, providing an exceptional value to the customer”.
- Support and believe in our Commitment to Zero and Striving Towards Excellence and Professionalism in Safety (STEPS) efforts, as well as our Driving Without Distractions Initiative
- Work with APi Group, Inc. and APi Group, Inc. Risk Management Department on investigations, records, reports, claims, incidents and other items.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal safety regulations and WSFP company safety programs and policies.
- Prevent and mitigate employee injuries and illnesses.
- Assist in accident investigations and return to work programs.
- Complete pre-job, pre-bid, pre-qualification forms on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a current calendar showing future jobsite and/or branch visits.
- Establish and participate in Safety Committees.
- Develop personal business plan on an annual basis.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly meetings.
- Perform multiple job site and facility safety inspections/audits on a weekly basis.
- Serve as the on-site safety coordinator for special projects when necessary.
- Prevent accidents, injuries and claims by being visible in the field and walking jobs approximately 60% or more of your time.
- Be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for on call service to the branches you serve; if needed.
- Develop and deliver Safety Training as mandated by Federal, State, Local and Company Programs.
- Must have the ability to anticipate, develop, implement and measure hazard controls and programs.
- Inspire and coach employees to accomplish safety goals.
- Act as a liaison between WSFP Corporate Risk Management and Branch Operations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in regards to injuries and claims.
- Take on a proactive, rather than reactive, approach in claims and injury reduction.
- Other duties may be assigned as company needs dictate and increasing skill level is demonstrated.
- Safety and Health, Risk Control or other related degree; minimum accepted is A.A.S., is preferred
- 5+ years of construction safety/risk experience is preferred
- English-Spanish bilingual skills are preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as BlueBeam Revu PDF is preferred
- Exceptional planning, time-management and follow-through.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 50% of the time
- Able to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Approved OSHA 500 trainer
- Professional registration/certification (CSP, ARM, and/or CIH certification preferred)
- Ability to review, analyze and discuss safety/risk information and/or data
- Ability to work effectively with a team and independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor