Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Western States Fire Protection in Rapid City, SD currently has an opening in our residential design department. We are seeking an individual that will design and coordinate the fire sprinkler systems for single family houses. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. WSFP is a top Fire Protection company in the nation, and we have amazing opportunity for advancement within the company.
- Perform 3D system design of fire sprinkler systems for residential projects
- Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD or AutoSprink type programs
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from initial design through completion
- Communicate with General Contractor, Construction Manager, Owner, Insurance underwriter and AHJ to achieve system acceptance
- Maintain design historical records and historical records for all functions for future use
- Ensure work complies with codes and permits
- Coordinate designs with all other trades on the project
- Construction Management degree, Engineering degree or other applicable degree from a technical school or college is preferred
- Demonstrated ability with AutoSprink or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software is desirable
- AutoCAD experience is required
- Highly Motivated and Proactive individual
- Must have good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have good computer skills
- Willing to coordinate and work well with others
- Experience in construction preferred
- Willing to pass a background check and post-offer drug test
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor