What we're looking for
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors (MMC) is looking for a Construction Contract Specialist to join our driven and dedicated team! With over 300,000 mechanical contracting projects completed and over 50 years of experience, we aim to hire the industry’s top talent.
- Own MMC Process for review/approval of contracts and insurance – both with our customers and our subcontractors; hold self and others accountable
- Technical expert as it relates to contract language review – especially for insurance, indemnification, and liability
- Utilize systems and Excel to track status of contract reviews on a real-time basis
- Conduct routine project reviews to ensure MMC is billing per the rates/fees listed in the contract
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing/editing skills; excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with business legal concepts and terms
- Experience reviewing financial information and performing financial analysis
- Highly organized and efficient, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS-Word/Excel
- Adobe tools and editing experience
- Experience with metrics and tracking of progress
- Independent yet know when to ask for help
- Assist in the preparation, review, and administration of all contract documents relating to the Company’s construction projects. Contracts with customers and subcontractors.
- Secure all necessary approvals from officers and ensure that standard company procedures for contracts are followed.
- Track and report on the status of all unresolved/unexecuted contractual agreements
- Prepare and complete pre-qualification requests with clients
- Participate in project standup/status meetings as needed
- Review bid packages from clients for requirements (if any) and check for compliance (which may include but not necessarily be limited to) the following items:
- Certified Payrolls or Prevailing wage
- Buy America or Buy American
- Wrap-up insurance programs (CCIP/OCIP/DCIP)
- Direct Owner Purchasing (DOP/Sales Tax Savings)
- Track insurance requirements of client contracts and company in general
- Report on DBE activity and monitor contract participation requirements
- Initiate, maintain and track all licensing for municipal/county/state entities
- Assist in document imaging and archival procedures
- Assist and train operations staff with regard to contractual matters - standard concepts, practices, and procedures in a construction office
- Assist Controller and other corporate officers with administrative tasks and provide administrative support on an as-needed basis.
- Obtain authorization, procure, distribute and administer all Surety Bonds (where required) for the company’s construction projects
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At MMC, we hire the industry’s brightest talent and we invest in our team. We provide an empowering environment in which employees can realize their full potential and take ownership of their career development. We are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our customers and for each other.
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and more!
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group Inc. and its subsidiary companies are an equal opportunity employer and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.