Reports to: Procurement Manager
LeJeune Steel Company, an industry leading structural steel fabricator, employs an innovative team approach to successfully execute a wide array of projects in three fabrication facilities. This team member is responsible for leading all activities related to outbound and inbound shipments, in-house movement, and warehouse organization as well as actively communicating with the Project Management department and the Procurement/Production Support Department to coordinate schedule changes and material delivery dates. This is a new role within the organization and the ideal candidate will grow with the role as the responsibilities expand.
- Professional – give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
- Accountable – get it done, own the results
- Superior Service – do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
- Innovative – think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
- Optimistic – be positive, have courage, failure happens – learn from it
- Nimble – embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
Responsibilities/Tasks of role:
- Monitors and updates the status of inbound/outbound shipments using electronic tools
- Assists with inventory verification for physical inventory counts and production planning
- Develops and maintains warehouse organization strategies to maximize use of existing space
- Works closely with warehouse staff to ensure all materials are accurately received and properly stored/labeled
- Ensures accuracy of shipping/receiving documentation and assists other departments in resolution of any discrepancies
- Oversees in-house product transfer between facilities when necessary and ensures all proper documentation is completed for inventory control
- Coordinates with outside carriers to schedule outbound load pick up and jobsite delivery to ensure timely arrivals
- Develops an understanding of production requirements and workflow and leverages that understand to coordinate inbound shipments using a Just in Time (JIT) strategy
- Monitors inventory via Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system
- Assists Project Management department with order status inquiries and customer needs
- Resolves delivery problems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in basic computer skills required, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience preferred
- High attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Well organized with a strong aptitude for accuracy
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in a team environment while also being able to work independently on multiple workstreams
- Flexibility and adaptability to smoothly transition from one course of action to another with little or no difficulty
- High School Diploma required
- 2-5 years of shipping warehouse experience is preferred
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background check.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.