At Melody Living, we want true engagement and friendships between residents, families and team members. We are here to serve and support the residents who define the community and encourage our team members to dine with residents, go to classes with residents, use the fitness center, bring their passions to work and go above and beyond to make the community in which residents thrive a place in which they can truly find a Life in Harmony. Melody Living is managed by Cappella Living Solutions (CLS), a Colorado-based company representing more than 44 years of experience in senior living. Become a member of our growing team!
Responsible for organizing, directing and implementing resident care in accordance with the Company standards and as required by State and Federal regulations. Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident's healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident's healthcare needs change.
- Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery throughout all shifts; this requires assuming the role and responsibilities of a Care Partner Associate and/or passes medications in order to meet the residents’ needs and staffing requirements.
- Assists in the supervision of community-based medication technicians/QMAP's, and Care Partner Associates.
- Assists in the maintenance of resident charts and review of documentation performed by associates.
- As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents. Updates Care Plans and proactively manage care and services for each resident. Evaluates the effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Colorado State Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse/Registered Nurse license, in good standing.
- 1-year experience in a community or relevant experience preferred.
- 1-year experience in overseeing and monitoring other staff preferred.
- Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines.
- Must have computer word processing and database experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 20 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.