Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Western States Fire Protection is looking for a qualified full time or part time shop helper and driver. This person must be organized and a self-starter.
- Organize and dispense material for delivery
- Receive material and distribute to jobs or trucks
- Collect materials at vendors and deliver to job site
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Respond to emails and text messages
- Select, repair and organize tools as needed
- Willing to operate tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures
- Construction industry experience is a plus
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Fork lift certified is a plus
- Basic computer knowledge
- Mechanically inclined
- No CDL required but must be at least 21 years old and able to pass DOT annual physical.
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen test and background check
Moderate standing, walking, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Work inside and outside, around moving objects and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts.
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor