Alarm & Detection Technician
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment. Western States Fire Protection is looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Technician. The preferred candidate will be outgoing, highly self-motivated, and able to problem solve. They will have strong communication skills and a professional image as well as able to handle all aspects of a project from install to programming, strong troubleshooting skills, and service work.
- Site verification of fire alarm installations
- Analysis of blue prints
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors and end users
- Interact with clients, field personnel and Fire Marshals
- Permit management
- Management of Fire Alarm Installations from conception to completion
- Must have or able to obtain before starting employment a Nevada “F” license and a California life safety card.
- NICET II Certification is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years service or install experience is preferred
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 72, Factory Mutual and applicable codes
- Knowledgeable with programming and troubleshooting multiple fire alarm panel manufacturers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid drivers license in accordance with company policy, and be willing to travel within the state
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor