At Abbott, it’s all about providing an exceptional experience — for our clients, our construction partners and most importantly, our employees. Our team is made up of talented professionals who fully embrace the company’s brand pillars of stewardship, collaboration and integrity. They are respectful, hardworking individuals who take pride in what they do and in helping others achieve their goals.
In addition, Abbott’s size, combined with the versatile talents of our team, gives us the unique ability to adapt resources and approaches based on specific needs. This flexibility not only enables us to stand out from the crowd by being a responsive business partner who can quickly adjust to any situation, but also offer diverse and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
Abbott Construction’s Seattle Office has openings for Carpenters. Abbott is an open-shop general contractor. The ideal candidates are willing to contribute to any and all needs of the job.
- Assist in the operation of the jobsite while ensuring that quality work is performed efficiently and safely.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Perform all work assigned by Superintendent and/or Foreman and Lead Journeyman.
- Maintain a clean and safe jobsite, pick up tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Perform at the highest level of customer service and safety in alignment with Abbott’s core values.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to frequently lift or carry 20 to 75 pounds.
- Ability to assist with lifting or carrying up to 120 pounds when necessary.
- Physical requirements include: standing, bending, squatting, sitting, kneeling, crawling, repetitive motion of hands and wrists, walking, hearing and climbing.
- Typical working conditions include: new construction and remodel work, working in unheated areas and in all weather conditions, including dusty and noisy environments, working on ladders, scaffolds, and elevated work areas.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to travel to various jobsites throughout the workweek and occasionally the workday.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a team or individually.
Abbott offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.