Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You’ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you’ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function:
The contractor and specialty sales position is responsible for providing individualized guest service and generating sales regarding their specialty and bulk purchasing to contractors; all while meeting the demands of the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment Greeting and acknowledging every guest.
- Have an understanding of hog confinements – buildings and equipment.
- Quote and sell confinements and Ag buildings as well as assist building estimators with quotes and special projects.
- Purchase products and materials for the Hog Store.
- Assist with purchasing of materials and products for lumber yard contractor materials.
- Assist with organization and sales of hog/livestock equipment.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements of specialty area.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping as needed.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Processes paperwork and orders guest product in a timely and efficient manner as to not cause delays.
- Provides follow up service to guests as orders are placed, shipped and arrive in store.
- Coordinates delivery of product if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently and is self-motivated.
- Ability to read and understand drawings/blue prints.
- Strong communications skills; can communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally.
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of feed department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer 3 or more years of sales, construction, or customer service experience.
This position is based in a fast paced office setting. Equipment utilized will be computer, phone, fax, copy machine and other standard office equipment. Hours will vary with the demands of the retail environment; including evening, weekend and holiday rotations. Position will occasionally work outside; exposed to elements, loud noise and varying weather conditions.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 15 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a step equipment. The physicality of this job is low.
*FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company’s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an “at-will” employee.