Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast. Together we Build Great Leaders.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
- Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of inspection documents such as drawings, specifications and sub-contract agreements.
- Contact customers and potential customers to determine inspection needs and evaluate inspection options. Including, but not limited to cold calls & door to door contact, internal inspections, renewals, inspections after installation, and cross over sales.
- Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of inspection services including fire sprinkler and fire alarm inspection of new and existing systems.
- Assist in developing and carrying out inspection sales strategies for company products.
- Plan goals, objectives, and budgets for inspection operations and identify the resources required to attain the end result.
- Review and revise inspection wording, scopes and renewals. Review and revise inspection contract wording with risk management department.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase inspection revenues.
- Read, interpret and apply technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (such as NFPA 25 & 72 etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical inspection documents
- Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the economical inspection of fire protection systems
- When possible assist service department with quoting deficiency repairs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Presentation skills
- Technical Communication
- Math Aptitude
- Computer skills
- 2+ years Business to Business Sales
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran