Since 1946, Bituminous Roadways has aspired to be the company of choice for the design, construction, and maintenance of all asphalt pavement areas, including parking lots, roads, pathways, playgrounds, tennis courts, and running tracks. We are a union contractor with a diverse workforce dedicated to quality, safety, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
At Bituminous Roadways, we're energetic and passionate about what we do with an excellent reputation for performance and as a place to work. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
The Paving Foreman position is a vital role within our organization. This position is responsible for hiring, maintaining and training competent crews. They are focused on the daily operations on the job and the output of quality of work.
A typical season is about 35-40 weeks, ending around Thanksgiving. Unemployment is available during layoffs. Benefits are available and are carried through layoff as well.
Our main office is located in Mendota Heights and jobs are located all over the Twin Cities metro area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure quality on the job.
- Promote and ensure safety on all jobs at all times.
- Communicate with the plant to ensure right mixes and thicknesses are used.
- Ensure field logs are completed accurately and job sites are organized.
- Keep in contact with lowboy drivers for moves during the day.
- Keep updated and aware of weather and forecast and plan for potential issues.
- Ensure job sites are cleaned and swept daily.
- Handle truck management.
- Handle laying out the jobs and cut-offs.
- Make sure crew is taking care of the equipment.
- Mentor and train employees.
- Field logs
- Planning & Organizing
- Pre-cons/Project Meetings
- Quality of work
- Safety awareness
- Time management
Preferred Education/ Experience:
- Computer skills
- 5+ years paving experience
- Operator experience
- Management experience
- Safety experience/knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional conduct
- Industry knowledge/hands-on experience preferred
- Safety awareness (MMUTCD, OSHA understanding)
All candidates are required to pass a thorough Background Check, Physical and Drug Test. References will also be checked.
Job type: Full-Time / Seasonal
Work Location: In Field
Benefits of Joining our team!
- Family owned and operated
- Paid Training
- Top of the line / well-maintained equipment
- Advancement opportunities – we aim promote within
- No travel – home every night
- Great benefits!
- Family Oriented – Annual events
Be sure to watch our video below on what our employees love about working for Bituminous Roadways, Inc.!
Bituminous Roadways, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBT community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V