Finding the right fit:
Ayres is looking to add a dynamic individual to assist our C- suite executives. This is an ideal position for a dependable self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You’ll be our leading support for our President and three Executive Vice Presidents.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Establish a warm and welcoming atmosphere, greet visitors of the executive team, answer questions via email and phone, and communicate messages as necessary.
- Prepare and retain Board of Directors’ files and, meeting minutes and send agendas for upcoming board meetings.
- Keep all files of the presidents and executive vice presidents that are of a confidential nature.
- Handle board report for the Board of Directors along with all other Board of Directors’ meeting and scheduling requests. Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Proactive management of meetings, commitments (business/personal), and communication (calendar, email, scheduling internal and external meetings, conference calls, appointments, etc.) Ensure meeting objectives, agenda, and preparation requirements are communicated in a timely manner.
- Research and/or prepare materials for meetings and presentations; compile reference materials as needed/as directed by an executive.
- Prepare charts and materials for meeting presentations using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internal applications as needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of large meetings and events, including managing all logistics such as catering, gathering and delivering supplies, and off-site errands in preparation for the event.
- Make appointments and schedule meetings as requested. Work closely with the Executive Team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Attend to a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate with Human Resources on policy changes requested by the Executive Team.
- Manage files, make copies, prepare and collate reports, draft correspondence and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Assist in managing corporate expense documentation, including the completion of expense reports.
- Make corporate travel arrangements.
- Adhere to corporate and quality guidelines.
- Coordinate with landlord for building maintenance needs.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive Team.
- An associate degree that has equipped the applicant with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- A minimum of 10 years of administrative assistant experience, preferably with a mid-size company.
- Proficiency in MS Suite to create and import tables, charts, and graphics, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to maintain confidential corporate materials and conversations.
- A criminal background check due to the confidential nature of this position.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Professional maturity: strong emotional intelligence, integrity, and ability to interact in a professional environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, and establish a professional, welcoming, and inclusive environment for high-level visitors and for anyone working with the company.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and clients.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving and organization and a proven ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- A Wisconsin Notary Public or ability to become one.
- General financial/accounting acumen.
- Experience with programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Suite, Masterworks, Microsoft Publisher, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) database.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities