With over 32 years of experience in the construction industry, Western Rock Resources provide rock products for all aspects of construction, large and small. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
The Quarry Equipment Operator runs the bulldozer, grader, backhoe, track hoe, loader to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and to push trees and rocks from land preparatory to constructing roads and to move rock material to or around production areas.
Quarry – Heavy Equipment Operator - Dozer/Track Hoe/Front end Loader/ Haul Truck
This is a highly skilled position involving the operation of Heavy Equipment in an open-pit mine operation. Applicants must have at least three years of experience operating equipment (ex: Haul Truck, Motor Grader, Bulldozer, Excavator, Front End Loader).
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in-pit and mining operations
- Report any problems to your manager.
- The operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow the directions of the Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- At least age 18 years of age due to the nature of the working environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
- two or more years experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous surface mining experience preferred but not required
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required
- Able to operator haul trucks, loaders, and various mine equipment
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer, Western Rock Resources will hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Western Rock Resources also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.