Heiman, Inc. has been serving the Fire Service industry with custom-built fire apparatus and equipment for over 60 years. We are looking for a proven Fire Equipment Sales Representative to take over an established territory in Montana for one of our representatives who is retiring after a successful career. Your primary job will be to sell fire equipment, fire apparatus and safety-related products. We’re looking for someone who has a proven background in sales and business development, but we’ll train the right person.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Growing sales and increasing company profits by cultivating current customers and prospecting for new customers
- Increase profitability by promoting firefighting and safety products
- Provide technical support to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory
- And more!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Two to three years’ successful, outside sales experience preferred
- Clean driving record required and valid driver’s license required.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a "self-starter" and be motivated to succeed
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background check
- Ability to travel regularly. This position requires evening and weekend presentations to volunteer fire departments across the territory.
- Previous experience with CRM programs and Microsoft Office and overall strong computer skills
- Must live in the established territory.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience relating to fire trucks, fire apparatus or safety equipment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Able to influence others and manage conflict
- A team-player, working together with internal and external customers, providing insight when needed and able to be flexible when goals or outcomes differ
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Great benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, supplementary insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k plan and profit sharing
Who we are:
Heiman Fire Equipment was founded in 1947 by Jack B. Heiman, and has been family-owned and operated locally ever since. Building on its modest beginnings of selling fire extinguishers to the local farming community in Ashton, IA, the company has evolved into a multi-faceted company with nationwide fire equipment sales, fire truck manufacturing, service, and refurbishments, plastics fabrication, and industrial sales and service. Heiman Fire Equipment has offices in Iowa and South Dakota and recently completed building a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Sioux Falls, SD. http://www.heimanfiretrucks.com/
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply on-line right now!