Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
- Create a sustainable business strategy that aligns with Kerr’s 5 year and 10 year growth plans.
- Maintain market awareness to identify new products and services opportunities based on market experiences and trends that can be used to fine tune Kerrs overall market offerings.
- Define the marketplace and understand potential opportunities that align with horizontal and vertical construction.
- Based on Kerr’s long term vision, priorities and goals forge new business partnerships with senior decision makers to understand their business plan and construction needs.
- Revisit existing and past customer base to identify the latest key contacts with the power to influence business award decisions.
- Develop industry contacts aligned with Kerrs full range of services.
- Identify and meet with municipal, state and federal infrastructure owners/managers, design engineers and contractors through networking, conferences and committees.
- Spend a majority of the time in face to face meetings with potential customers.
- Build strong business relationships with all key personnel that can influence business decisions to favor Kerr.
- Influence bid processes by performing presentations, providing product/service specifications, educating engineers and leveraging relationships.
- Collaborate with the Kerr leadership team to ensure Go /No Go decisions are made in a timely manner and a bid strategy for the Go opportunities.
- Prepare proposal narratives; submit public bids and private/sole-source proposals.
- Prepare and negotiate quotes/project proposals in alignment with company policies.
- Serve as a technical resource to clients and end customers as required during all phases of the project
- Observe industry trends, opportunities and competitor activities and provide regular written market reports with recommendations to the Kerr Leadership team.
- Provide quarterly sales projections, create and maintain Kerrs CRM library.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred; in lieu of degree, a minimum of 10 years related experience with demonstrated success within a infrastructure field either in sales or project management will be considered.
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have great attention to detail, be an established individual contributor, team player and willing to mentor co-workers and subordinates.
- Strong verbal, presentation and communication skills, starting with the ability to listen and decipher customer’s needs.
- Must also be a solid cross functional leader, with the ability to communicate externally with customers and with all levels within the customer’s organization.
- Proven track record of success in consultative sales of high-value solutions.
- Strong existing network in the infrastructure industry is preferred.
- Able to understand complex procurement process to secure the award.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.