For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial and industrial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS Mechanical Services.
We are seeking to fill the role of Project Manager with an innovative, self-directed individual looking to work with the leading design/build mechanical contractor in the region. The successful candidate has initiative, self-discipline, a strong work ethic and knowledge of HVAC and plumbing systems prefabrication and installation. We are looking for applicants who want to make an impact and develop their talents, with the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge supporting both our commercial and other construction sectors. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with exceptional computer skills, proven experience and a positive and proactive approach, who is interested in growing their career with Jamar.
Job Summary: Manage project activities throughout project lifecycle, including oversight of quality control and safety. Includes the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, required documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success. Prepare project proposals and budgets as required. Maintain solid customer relationships.
- Four-year Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent degree and a minimum of five years’ construction experience in mechanical plumbing/HVAC.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline; knowledge of system prefabrication and installation is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam/Adobe Pro, estimating software, Procore/Primavera or other Project Management software, file sharing systems; typing skills necessary.
- Ability to assume responsibility and interface/communicate effectively with others.
- Valid state driver’s license and able to travel as needed for project and department support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish project goals and timelines for each awarded project, defining objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown, milestones and deliverables.
- Manage project startup, including securing building permits and other requirements.
- Prepare budgets, estimates, construction schedules, progress and monthly reports.
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Conduct and manage site meetings, RFI’s, invoices, change orders and control document process
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget.
- Oversee the preparation and finalization of contractor/trade contracts, ensuring all issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage a variety of stakeholders including site superintendents, sub-trades, designers, estimators, and GC’s.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures and standard are adhered to at all times, including ensuring that safe practices are being followed during site visits.
- Maintain relationships with customers and regulatory counterparts.
- Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company and parent corporation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand technical documents and symbols and apply this knowledge to drawings.
- Ability to analyze and make decisions.
- Willingness to keep current with continuing education as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including siste company support as needed.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment.
- PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment