What we're looking for
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors (MMC) is looking for Senior Accountant to join our driven and dedicated team! With over 300,000 mechanical contracting projects completed and over 50 years of experience, we aim to hire the industry’s top talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 years of experience in accounting or related field
- In depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience reviewing financial information and performing financial analysis
- Highly organized and efficient, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS-Word/Excel
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses.
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Assist Controller and other corporate officers with administrative tasks and provide administrative support on an as-needed basis.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation.
- Produce error free accounting reports.
- Analyze financial information.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Support month end and year end close processes.
- Perform work in a self-directed manner.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP policies.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grillouts to local happy hours