For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS Mechanical Services.
We are seeking to fill the role of QA/QC Inspector with an innovative, self-directed individual looking to work with our QA/QC and industrial teams. The successful candidate has initiative, self-discipline and a strong work ethic, and is responsible for maintaining quality practices and overseeing control of required ASME practices. Applicants will be able to demonstrate substantial knowledge of processes, codes, and job specifications, and perform routine QA/QC inspections as required. The QA/QC Inspector is knowledgeable in QA/QC equipment operations and associated documentation of inspections and testing. This role is located at our customer site location (a refinery), and at other off-site locations.
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing or field experience in an NDT and/or QA/QC role.
- Understanding of ASME Quality procedures as they apply to: ASME Sec. I, ASME Sec. II, ASME Sec. VIII, ASME Sec. IX, ASME B31.1, & ASME B31.3.
- Extensive knowledge of NDE Practices, Welding Processes, and Materials
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite programs, Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications; ability to read and understand technical documents and symbols and to apply this knowledge.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have CWI Certification through AWS.
- Must have ASNT Level II for UT, MT, & PT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide quality control support and direction for projects, as needed, for all jobs performed by Jamar, or in conjunction with another APi Group Company.
- Performs NDE inspection and documentation of findings.
- Ensures products & workmanship meet and/or exceed standards and specifications
- Assists Inspection Supervisor and other QA/QC personnel as needed.
- Report results of inspections, both in written form or through use of computer (Microsoft Office Programs)
- Maintain welder continuity log in conjunction with the QA/QC Administrative Assistant.
- Works at a pace sufficient to obtain quality and quantity of inspection/testing, consistent with operational requirements. Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Work from job sites as required to monitor quality control performance. Track and document work activities and assemble all required information for packages per our ASME programs.
- Effectively communicates departmental requirements and objectives.
- Represent the company, both internally and externally in a professional manner consistent with our values and mission.
- Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company. These activities include sister company support for sales, marketing and lead sharing, participation in brainstorming sessions and an overall willingness to share ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple, basic correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to ensure qualification in inspection methods being used.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard, customer, or construction areas include:
- FR Clothing
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (as required)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment