Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction we are currently seeking a Construction Technology Manager to join our team. The Construction Technology Manager will provide overall leadership and participate in developing strategic direction for the company regarding the use of construction operations related technology and other technical services including, but not limited to, project management processes, operational financial management processes, field management processes, and other projects.
- Serve as the lead Operations administrator for Balfour Beatty’s Job Management System (JMS) software’s – including, but not limited to Procore, Autodesk BIM360”, and BlueBeam.
- Serve as the primary liaison to Balfour Beatty’s information technology department and financial department in support of external and internally developed Job Management System software.
- Facilitate the piloting of emerging technologies on projects.
- Partner with IT in the evaluation and deployment of software’s which may integrate with the Job Management System.
- Serve as consultant/subject matter expert of evolving technology and best practices to internal project teams, owners and clients.
- Serve as brand ambassador at various industry events while promoting Balfour Beatty as an innovative and progressive organization.
- Provide for the day to day management of the Job Management System software.
- Ensure that end-user support services for construction-specific technology are provided in a responsive, effective, and efficient manner.
- Serve as the liaison to Balfour Beatty’s Legal Representatives in the management and updating of contract forms and language residing in the Job Management System.
- Ensure that project/improvement requests and other construction technology issues raised by company employees or managers are tracked and addressed in a timely, appropriate, and effective manner. Direct/coordinate requests and issues to appropriate work queues, vendor queues, individual IT staff, or non-IT managers.
- Assist in the development of proposed annual operating technology priorities to be reviewed by the ITSC (IT Steering Committee). Assist in identifying the budget needs for operations technology efforts.
- Monitor/analyze expenses in relation to budget and revise projected expenses accordingly. Work with the Procurement Team to ensure that operations technology products and services are procured in the most cost-effective manner.
- Provide for and support the development of standard project and company level reports and dashboards.
- Support the incorporation and implementation of data analytics software reporting which may interface with the Job Management System (i.e. DOMO, PowerBI, ConstructBI).
- Provide support to monitor the effective use of technologies consistently on projects. Includes providing data & reports to Operations executives regarding the usage of tools.
- Support the development of software management protocols, workflows and training regimens to support company technology efforts.
- Support project teams with proposal development, technology planning and presentations.
- Provide for management and updates to the Procore Training Center, a website based support platform supporting project team members use of Procore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction Management/Engineering, Construction Technology, Information Technology or a related industry required.
Five (5) years of experience in the design, construction, or consulting industry.
A strong understanding of design and construction processes, construction tools & equipment, and construction job management systems.
- A strong understanding of construction technology platforms, processes, and workflows.
Must possess strong communication/interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to develop and manage the entire technology process; must have poise, polish, and effective presentation skills.
- Local candidates highly encouraged to apply.
- Basic knowledge and experience (and willingness to learn) with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software applications such as: Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD.
- Experience working with continuous process improvements, identifying improvement opportunities, making recommendations and driving implementation of solutions that deliver process improvements.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, controlled sense of urgency, and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.