Finding the right fit:
The Ayres Traffic group is seeking to hire a full-time traffic engineer. You’ll be working with a great group of people on a diverse variety of projects. As a new employee, you won’t just work anonymously on a conveyor belt of projects. Instead, you’ll interact and forge long-term relationships with clients so you can work towards creating solutions that solve their problems at a whole new level. You’ll be rewarded with flexible scheduling and opportunities for professional and personal growth within a supportive team.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Assist with the evaluation of traffic issues on transportation projects for freeways, arterial corridors, and intersections, including signals, roundabouts and other innovative intersection control alternatives.
- Conduct traffic counts and surveys for existing traffic conditions.
- Analyze volume and safety data.
- Assist with preparing traffic impact analyses, traffic operation analyses and modeling, traffic signal warrant studies, intersection control evaluations, signal timing and phasing optimizations, alternative analyses and traffic signal design.
- Evaluate work zone conditions and prepare transportation management plans.
- Develop reports detailing recommendations for roadway improvements.
- Design plans for safe control and flow of traffic.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in transportation/traffic engineering.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE).
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain registration within 12 months.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of related engineering experience.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with several traffic engineering software including HCS, Synchro, SimTraffic, SIDRA, and Vissim.
- Experience with traffic signal design.
- Knowledge of FHWA, WisDOT and local operations standards.
- Knowledge of the MUTCD and HCM.
- Experience with traffic counting equipment.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE).
- Road Safety Professional (RSP).
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities